In 2021 the MQG wants to start offering quilted projects for the home and on the go. Whether you are interested in making a project like a bag you can take with you, or something for home, like table runner or pieced curtains — and we want to see your ideas! Submissions are now open for the 2021 Quilting at Home & Quilting on the Go series, and we’re looking for 8 new projects. Will yours be one of them?
What We’re Looking For:
- Designs should be original and never-before-published online or in print.
- Designs should have a challenging creative element (like a new technique, unique structure, or piecing — we want our members to learn new things and challenge their skills!)
- We need to see your vision! You should have a visual guide to your design — whether it’s a sketch or computer-generated design, we need to be able to visualize your project as close to the final product as possible.
How to Submit (and Important Dates):
- Decide how long it will take you to complete the project from the time of acceptance. An accurate timeline will help us determine which months to release patterns, so please be as accurate as possible.
- Create a visual guide to your design by sketching or making a computer-generated version.
- Fill out the form on the following page with your information and design.
- Submission deadline is November 1, 2020.
- Notifications will be sent by no later than December 1, 2020.
- Patterns, photos, and other deliverables will be due in batches:
- Batch 1: November 1, 2020
- Batch 2: February 1, 2021
- Batch 3: May 1, 2021
- Batch 4: August 1, 2021
Designers retain all rights to their patterns, and we compensate you for the right to first publish the pattern in our MQG newsletter and on our website. Selected designers will be issued a contract. If you have any questions, please email Brenna at email@example.com. And to see past examples, visit the Resources tab on the MQG Community site or visit modernmonthly.com.
We don’t need your finished project at the submission stage! But just so you know what we'll be requesting from those who are selected, we will need:
- The pattern recolored by the designer using the quarterly Moda Bella Solid fabric palette selected by the MQG
- Pattern instructions and pattern templates
- Illustrations and/or diagrams for construction and assembly
- The finished project sent to the MQG for professional photography