We’re looking for original, creative quilt designs to share with MQG members each month in 2021 — and we want your ideas! Submissions are now open for the 2021 Quilt of the Month series, and we’re looking for 12 new quilts. Will yours be one of them?
What We’re Looking For:
- Designs should be original and never-before-published online or in print.
- Designs should have a challenging creative element (like a new technique, unique structure, or piecing — we want our members to learn new things and challenge their skills!)
- We need to see your vision! You should have a visual guide to your quilt — whether it’s a sketch or computer-generated design, we need to be able to visualize your quilt as close to the final product as possible.
How to Submit (and Important Dates):
- Decide how long it will take you to complete the quilt from the time of acceptance. An accurate timeline will help us determine which months to release patterns, so please be as accurate as possible.
- Create a visual guide to your quilt by sketching or making a computer-generated version.
- Fill out the form on the following page with your information and quilt design.
- Submission deadline is November 1, 2020.
- Notifications will be sent by no later than December 1, 2020.
- Patterns, photos, and other deliverables will be due in batches:
- Batch 1: November 1, 2020
- Batch 2: February 1, 2021
- Batch 3: May 1, 2021
- Batch 4: August 1, 2021
Designers retain all rights to their quilt patterns, and we compensate you for the right to first publish the pattern in our MQG newsletter and on our website. Selected designers will be issued a contract. If you have any questions, please email Brenna at email@example.com. And to see past examples, visit the Resources tab on the MQG Community site.
We don’t need your finished quilt at the submission stage! But just so you know what we'll be requesting from those who are selected, we will need:
- The pattern recolored by the designer using the quarterly Moda Bella Solid palette selected by the MQG
- Pattern instructions and pattern templates
- Illustrations and/or diagrams for construction and assembly
- A flat photo of the finished quilt
- The quilt sent to the MQG for professional photography