We are looking for unique and beautiful special exhibits that have a demonstrable relevance to the modern quilting movement, be it historical, impactful, influential or related to the modern quilting community. Our exhibits generally fall into one of the following categories:
Previous and scheduled exhibits included:
- Roderick Kiracofe’s collection (2013)
- Bill Volckening’s collection (2015)
- The Quilts of Molly Upton (2016)
- SAQA Retrospective: Art Quilts That Inspired the Modern Quiltmaking Movement (2018)
- Espirit Collection of Lancaster County, Amish Quilts (2020)
3. Charitable Exhibits – usually referring to the Guild Charity Challenge that QuiltCon hosts each year, it can also include group charity projects such as the Charleston MQG & Emanuel AME Church Project.
The exhibits take place at a convention center, so while we take the utmost care with our exhibits, museum quality exhibits may not be considered unless there is flexibility on lumen exposure and other archival requirements.
3) All proposals should be accompanied by photo samples of the exhibit. Jpegs are preferred, with a max size of 1 MB per photo. Due to space issues, we cannot accept photos larger than our maximum size.
If you have any questions, please contact Colleen Molen at email@example.com.