There is no cost to submit.
We are looking for unique and beautiful special exhibits that have a demonstrable relevance to the modern quilting movement, be it historical, impactful, influential or related to the modern quilting community. Our exhibits generally fall into one of the following categories:
Previous and scheduled exhibits included:
- Roderick Kiracofe’s collection (2013)
- Bill Volckening’s collection (2015)
- The Quilts of Molly Upton (2016)
- SAQA Retrospective: Art Quilts That Inspired the Modern Quiltmaking Movement (2018)
We are actively seeking an Amish quilt collection. Please do let us know if you have information to help us book one at QuiltCon.
2. Community Exhibits: These are quilts made by group of people around a unified theme. Previous and scheduled exhibits included: QDAD (2017)
3. Charitable Exhibits – usually referring to the Guild Charity Challenge that QuiltCon hosts each year, it can also include group charity projects such as the Charleston MQG & Emanuel AME Church Project.
4. Keynote Exhibits – the retrospective work of the keynote speaker, a leading and influential person in the modern quilting movement.
The exhibits take place at a convention center, so while we take the utmost care with our exhibits, museum quality exhibits may not be considered unless there is flexibility on lumen exposure and other archival requirements.
3) All proposals should be accompanied by photo samples of the exhibit. Jpegs are preferred, with a max size of 1 MB per photo. Due to space issues, we cannot accept photos larger than our maximum size.
We are currently accepting proposals for QuiltCon 2019 and beyond. Generally, exhibits are booked 18-24 months before the QuiltCon they will exhibit at.
If you have any questions, please contact Heather Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your entry for the Riley Blake Spring 2018 Fabric Challenge here!
Challenge Rules & Guidelines
- You must make something quilted.
- You must use the featured prints from Riley Blake's basics collection.
- Participating members will receive a set of fat eighths, but you are welcome to purchase additional fabric.
- You may use any Riley Blake fabrics in addition to the feature fabrics, but you may only use Riley Blake fabrics (including for the backing and binding).
- We encourage you to try an original design suited to the fabric! You may also use a pattern, but please tell us which one in your submission. (And always give credit to the designer when sharing images.)
- The deadline for submissions is April 22, 2018.
- Please submit your finished project to the link at the bottom of this page (coming soon!). We will announce the top three winners in May 2018, and the winning quilt will be displayed in Riley Blake's booth at Spring Quilt Market!
- Please also share your work on Instagram using #mqgfabricchallenge and #rileyblakedesigns!
Good luck, and happy stitching!
How to Submit (and Important Dates)
- Fill out this form with your information and an image of your submission.
- Submission deadline is April 22, 2018.
- The MQG will announce challenge winners in May 2017.